Friday, June 22, 2007

India's First Female President

Finally after 60 years of India's Independence India is - most probably going to get it's first Female President. But the fact that she is a run of the mill politician who has a long history of being corrupt - or so does the RBI and others think makes me feel sad. I appreciate the fact that we are finally having a Female as the First Man (opps! should I say the first woman?!); but I would not surely like to see some one with a tainted background to sit on the President's Chair. It is absolutely not acceptable by the common Indian Citizen that a person who has been implicated (even if the allegations are false) in corruption. There is a saying in Hindi "Aag ke bina Dhuna Nahi Hota" (or something like it) ie. there is no smoke without fire; I really believe in it, and think that Pratibha Patil should not be the President of India.

There is another aspect to the whole issue that being the fact that she is a dummy and a doll chosen by Madam Sonia. I am not really bothered about this but what bothers me is that we are going to have a tainted person - again I must say - even if falsely - is not acceptable. No run of the mill politician please.

No comments: